This study is related to the differences in diacritic marks used in writing the al-Quran (rasm mushaf) and conventional writing (rasm imla’i). This study aims to find aspects of the similarities and differences between the diacritic marks in two types of rasm, which are limited to five things. Namely: the sign of ya at the end of the word, the sign of sukun/silence, the position of the kasrah in tasydid, the position of the hamzah in a line of kasrah above the letter ya, and a long reading sign (madd). The type of research used is descriptive qualitative, with the literature and documentation method, which is carried out by reading books and various articles related to this research. The results showed the differences in diacritic marks between writing the al-Quran (rasm mushaf) and conventional writing (rasm imla’i). It consisted of several things, namely: 1) There is a similarity in writing between the rasm mushaf writing pattern and the conventional rasm pattern on letter differentiation, except for the writing of the letter ya at the end of the word, which is ignored in the writing of the mushaf (الهدى). 2) There are similarities in punctuation, especially in harakat, tasydid and hamzah, between the writing of the rasm mushaf and conventional writing, and this is unquestionably and acceptable. 3) There is a difference in the manuscripts printed in the eastern region, using the head of kha’ as a sign of sukun, ( ), whereas the ancient manuscripts use a circle like the one used by arithmetic people to denote the number zero ( ( ْ. 4) There are similarities in the writing of tasydid in the rasm mushaf and conventional rasm (imla’i), but the place for the kasrah mark with tasydid in the writing of the mushaf is under the letter (ــــّـــ), 5) Specifically for the hamzah sign that is in the middle and lined up in the kasrah, written ya on the rasm mushaf, by placing the head of the letter ‘ain with the vowel under ya' ( ) and this does not apply to the conventional rasm pattern/imla’ i الفَائِزُوْن) ). 6)The use of a long/madd sign (_ۤ_) above the madd letter, if there is a hamzah or a letter marked with sukun, it indicates an addition to the writing of the mushaf (القُرْءَانُ), meanwhile in use it is in a conventional rasm pattern (imla’i) such as which is in books, it shows hamzah mamdudah (القُرْآنُ)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Please find the rights and licenses in Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal). By submitting the article/manuscript of the article, the author(s) agree with this policy. No specific document sign-off is required.
The non-commercial use of the article will be governed by the Creative Commons Attribution license as currently displayed on Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Author(s)' Warranties
The author warrants that the article is original, written by stated author(s), has not been published before, contains no unlawful statements, does not infringe the rights of others, is subject to copyright that is vested exclusively in the author and free of any third party rights, and that any necessary written permissions to quote from other sources have been obtained by the author(s).
- User Rights
Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal)'s spirit is to disseminate articles published are as free as possible. Under the Creative Commons license, Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) permits users to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work for non-commercial purposes only. Users will also need to attribute authors and Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) on distributing works in the journal and other media of publications.
- Rights of Authors
As an author you (or your employer or institution) may do the following:
- make copies (print or electronic) of the article for your own personal use, including for your own classroom teaching use;
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for the personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- present the article at a meeting or conference and to distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- for your employer, if the article is a ‘work for hire’, made within the scope of your employment, your employer may use all or part of the information in the article for other intra-company use (e.g. training);
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the author’s personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
All copies, print or electronic, or other use of the paper or article must include the appropriate bibliographic citation for the article’s publication in the journal.
Requests from third parties
Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the article in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use. Requests for all uses not included above, including the authorization of third parties to reproduce or otherwise use all or part of the article (including figures and tables), should be referred to Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) by going to our website at https://journal.iaingorontalo.ac.id/index.php/al/
Author Online Use
- Personal Servers. Authors and/or their employers shall have the right to post the accepted version of articles pre-print version of the article, or revised personal version of the final text of the article (to reflect changes made in the peer review and editing process) on their own personal servers or the servers of their institutions or employers without permission from Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal), provided that the posted version includes a prominently displayed Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal)
- copyright notice and, when published, a full citation to the original publication, including a link to the article abstract in the journal homepage. Authors shall not post the final, published versions of their papers;
- Classroom or Internal Training Use. An author is expressly permitted to post any portion of the accepted version of his/her own articles on the author’s personal web site or the servers of the author’s institution or company in connection with the author’s teaching, training, or work responsibilities, provided that the appropriate copyright, credit, and reuse notices appear prominently with the posted material. Examples of permitted uses are lecture materials, course packs, e-reserves, conference presentations, or in-house training courses;
- Electronic Preprints. Before submitting an article to an Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal), authors frequently post their manuscripts to their own web site, their employer’s site, or to another server that invites constructive comment from colleagues. Upon submission of an article to Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal), an author is required to transfer copyright in the article to Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal), and the author must update any previously posted version of the article with a prominently displayed Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) copyright notice. Upon publication of an article by the Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal), the author must replace any previously posted electronic versions of the article with either (1) the full citation to the work with a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) or link to the article abstract in Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) homepage, or (2) the accepted version only (not the final, published version), including the Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) copyright notice and full citation, with a link to the final, published article in journal homepage.
If the article was jointly prepared by more than one author, any authors submitting the manuscript warrants that he/she has been authorized by all co-authors to be agreed on this copyright and license notice (agreement) on their behalf, and agrees to inform his/her co-authors of the terms of this policy. Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) will not be held liable for anything that may arise due to the author(s) internal dispute. Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) will only communicate with the corresponding author.
Being an open accessed journal and disseminating articles for free under the Creative Commons license term mentioned, author(s) aware that Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) entitles the author(s) to no royalties or other fees.
Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal) will publish the article (or have it published) in the journal if the article’s editorial process is successfully completed. Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal)'s editors may modify the article to a style of punctuation, spelling, capitalization, referencing and usage that deems appropriate. The author acknowledges that the article may be published so that it will be publicly accessible and such access will be free of charge for the readers as mentioned in point 3.
Abu ’Amar al-Dani. (209 C.E.). Al-Muwaddhih limadzhahib al-Qurra’ wakhtilafihim fi al-Fath wa al-Imalah (F. S. Arbawi (ed.); 1st ed.).
Adel, A., & Eldeib, M. (2020). Detection of Nunation Vowelization Types in The Quran Diacritical Marks Using Automated Text-Processing Algorithms : اكتشاف تموين التركيب وتنوين التتابع فى الضبط القرأني باستخدام خوارزميات المعاجلة النصية الألية. Journal of Engineering Sciences and Information Technology Volume, 45(4), 45–55. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.26389/AJSRP.R170620
Al-Dani, A. ’Amar. (1960). Al-Muhkam fi Naqt al-Mashahif (I. Hasan (ed.)). Wizarah al-Tsaqafah wa al-Irsyaf fi Iqlim al-Suriya.
Al-Dhabba’, A. M. (2008). Samir al-Thalibin fi Rasm wa Dhabt al-Kitab al-Mubin. Multazam al-Taba’ wa al-Nasyar Abd al-Humaid Ahmad Hanafi.
Al-Din, Q. S. (2020). أوجه توجيه ظواهر الرسم القرآني. Algerian Scientific Journal Platform, 02(1), 681–698. https://www.asjp.cerist.dz/en/article/134405
Al-Hamd, G. Q. (1982). Rasm al-Mushaf (Dirasah Lughawiyah Tarikhiyah). Al-Jumhuriyah al-Iraqiyah.
Al-Hamd, G. Q. (2004). Ilm al-Kitabah al-Arabiyah. Dar ’Ammar.
Al-Hamd, G. Q. (2012). Muwazanah baina al-Rasm al-Mushafi wa al-Rasm al-Qiyasi. Kulliyah al-Tarbiyah Jami’ah al-Tirkit.
Al-Hamd, G. Q. (2016). Al-Muyassar fi Ilmu Rasm al-Mushaf wa Dhabtihi. Markaz al-Dirasat wa al-Ulum Al-Quraniyah,.
Al-Humaid, N. bin H. bin F. (2010). Al-Muqni’ fi Ma’rifah Marsum Mashahif ahl al-Amshar. Dar al-Tadmiriyah. http://library1.nida.ac.th/termpaper6/sd/2554/19755.pdf
Al-Huriniy, N. (1990). Al-Mathali’ al-Nashriyah li al-Muthaba’ah al-Mishriyah.
Al-Khatib, A. al-L. M. (2554). Ushul al-Imla; (III). Dar Sa’d al-Din. http://library1.nida.ac.th/termpaper6/sd/2554/19755.pdf
Al-Kirmani, A. al-Q. M. bin N. (2012). Khatt al-Mashahif (G. al-Q. Al-Hamd (ed.)). Jaizah Sa’id Junaid Alim al-Duwaliyah li al-Qur’an al-Karim. http://library1.nida.ac.th/termpaper6/sd/2554/19755.pdf
Al-Mahdawi, A. al-’Abbas A. bin A. (n.d.). Hija’ Mashahid al-Amshar (T. H. S. Al-Dhamin (ed.)). Dar ibnu al-Jauzi.
Al-Marigni, I. bin A. (2005). Dalil al-Hayran ‘ala Maurid al-Z}am’an fi Fannay al-Rasm wa al-Dabt.
Al-Najjah, A. D. S. bin. (2009). Ushul al-Dhabt li Abi Dawud. Wizarah al-Awqaf wa al-Syu’un al-Islamiyah.
Al-Najjah, A. D. S. bin. (2010). Ushul al-Dhabt wa Kaifiyatuhu ’ala Jihhah al-Ikhtishar (M. Syirsyal (ed.)). Mujamma’ al-Malik al-Fahd lithiba’ah al-Mushaf al-Syarif. http://library1.nida.ac.th/termpaper6/sd/2554/19755.pdf
Al-Qalqasyandi, A. al-’Abbas A. (1922). Subh al-A’sya. Dar al-Kutub al-Mishriyah.
Al-Tunisi, M. bin A. (n.d.). Al-Tiraz fui Kasyf Dabt al-Kharraz (A. Syirsyal (ed.)). Mujamma’ al-Malik al-Fahd lithiba’ah al-Mushaf al-Syarif.
Al-Watsiq, I. (2011). Risalah fi Rasm al-Mushaf. Maktabahb ibnu ’Abbas.
Al-Zabidi, M. bin al-H. (1973). Thabaqat al-Nawiyin wa al-Lughawiyin. Dar al-Ma’arif.
Al-Zahrani, S. bin Mu. (2017). Dhabt al-Qur’an al-Karim : Nasyatuhu wa Tathawwuruhu wa INayah al-Ulama’ bihi. Jami’ah Ummu al-Qura.
Al-Zarqani, M. ‘Abd ‘Azhim. (2001). Manahil al-’Irfan fi Ulum al-Quran. Dar al-Hadis.
Anwar Jaraf. (2010). Ilm al-Rasm wa al-Dhabt.
Aqsho, M. (2016). Pembukuan Alquran, Mushaf Usmani Dan Rasm Alquran. Almufida: Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu Keislaman, 1(1).
Daif, S. (2004). Mu’jam al-Wasit. Maktabah Syuruq al-Dauliyah.
Foda, E. K. M. S., Fahmy, P. A., Shehata, P. K., & Saleh, H. (2013). A Qur’anic Code for Representing the Holly Qur’an (Rasm Al-’Uthmani ). In International Conference on Advances in Information Technology for the Holy Quran and Its Sciences. IEEE (Vol. 1, Issue December, pp. 33-=335). https://doi.org/10.1109/NOORIC.2013.67
Hairudin, H. (2020). الإعراب: خصائصه ومشكلاته. Al-Lisan: Jurnal Bahasa (e-Journal), 5(1), 1–16. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.30603/al.v6i1.980
Haj, Thabit Ahmed Abul, and A.-I. M. N. H. (2014). تطور الوقف والإبتداء فى التنوين والكتابة وضبط المصاحف. Journal of College of Sharia & Islamic Studies, 32(1), 18–68.
Hakim, A. (2018). Metode Kajian Rasm, Qiraat, Wakaf dan Dabt pada Mushaf Kuno (Sebuah Pengantar). SUHUF Jurnal Pengkajian Al-Qur’an Dan Budaya, 11(1), 77–92.
Harun, A. al-S. M. (1977). Kitab al-Kuttab Sibawaihi. Maktabah al-Khanziy.
Hula, I. R. N. (2016). Qawaid al-Imla’ wa al-Khat : Kaidah-kaidah Menulis Huruf dan Kata Arab dan Seni Kaligrafi. IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo.
Hula, I. R. N. (2020). Preferensi Abu Dawud Sulaiman Bin Najjah dalam Kaidah Rasm Al-Mushaf/Preference of Abu Dawud Sulaiman Bin Najjah In Rules of Rasm Al-Mushaf. Diwan: Jurnal Bahasa Dan Sastra Arab, 6(2). https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.24252/diwan.v6i2.13969
Hula, I. R. N., Arsyad, B., Sultan, I., Gorontalo, A., & Gorontalo, U. M. (2020). Diakritik al-Quran Menurut Preferensi Abu Dawud. ‘A Jamiy: Jurnal Bahasa Dan Sastra Arab, 9(2), 265–284. https://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.31314/ajamiy.9.2.264-284.2020
Ibnu Rawandhy Hula. (2020). GENEALOGI ORTOGRAFI ARAB (Sebuah tinjauan Historis: Asal-usul, Rumpun Bahasa dan Rekaman Inskripsi). Http://Journal.Umgo.Ac.Id/Index.Php/AJamiy/Index, 9(1), 16–46. https://doi.org/DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.31314/ajamiy.9.1.16-46.2020
Kadzim, I. J. (2007). هداية الضبط فى علم الخط. Journal of College of Education / Wasit, 1(2), 1–28. https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=article&aId=51270
Madzkur, Z. A. (2015). Diskursus Ulumul-Qur’an tentang Ilmu dabth dan rasm Usmani; Kritik Atas Artikel Karakteristik Diakritik Mushaf Magribi, Arab Saudi dan Indonesia. SUHUF Jurnal Pengkajian Al-Qur’an Dan Budaya, 8(2), 261–282.
Muhammad, M. (2018). موقف علماء السلف من ظواهر الرسم العثماني. Algerian Scientific Journal Platform, 13(1), 122–146. https://www.asjp.cerist.dz/en/article/78488
Muhaysin, M. S. (2002). Tarikh Al-Quran Al-Karim. Da’wah al-Haqq.
Rahman, D. I. A. H. A. (2016). Mushaf Imla ’ i dan Implikasinya dalam Pembacaan Al-Quran Imla’i Mushaf and It’s Implication in Reading Al-Quran. Ulum Islamiyyah Journal, 17(August 2017), 43–55. https://doi.org/10.12816/0029102
Sahaba, S. (2018). اختلافات الرسم القرآني عن الرسم الإملائي دراسة إحصائية. Algerian Scientific Journal Platform, 6(1), 261–272. https://www.asjp.cerist.dz/en/article/50959
Sahar, B. S. (2016). موقف اللغوين وتوجيهاتهم لظواهر رسم المصحف. Hawlyat Al_montada, 1(25), 189–232. https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=article&aId=144008
Shodiqoh, M. (2019). Ilmu Rasm al-Qur’an. Tadris: Jurnal Penelitian Dan Pemikiran Pendidikan Islam, 13(1), 91–101. http://ejournal.iainutuban.ac.id/index.php/tadris/article/view/56
Sya’ban Muhammad Isma’il. (2012). Rasm al-Mushaf wa Dhabtuhu baina al-Tauqif wa Isthilahiyat al-Haditsah.
Umar, H. (2017). المنظومة الرائيّة فـي رسـم المصحف للشاطبـيّ وشروحها. قراءة الموروث المبكّر المفقود من خلال اللاحق والمتأخّر. MIDÉO. Mélanges de l’Institut Dominicain d’études Orientales, 1(32), 167–216. https://journals.openedition.org/mideo/1502
Zaidan, H. F. (2013). أثر الرسم الإملائي فى التوجيه النحوي. Journal of Education and Science, 20(70), 169–184. https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=article&aId=89917
Zen, A. M. (2017). Problem Penulisan Mushaf al-Qur’an dengan Rasm Utsmani: Analisis Pandangan Syekh Muhammad Thahir bin Abdul Qadir al-Kurdi. Mumtaz: Jurnal Studi Al-Quran Dan Keislaman, 1(2), 159–172.