Papers submitted for publication must conform to the following guidelines:
- Papers in Al-Ulum should discuss the themes of Islam (i.e. Islamic Studies), such as Islamic Education, Islamic Law, Islamic Philosophy, Islamic Thought, Islamic Economy. Each edition has its respective thematic intellectual discussions, see the announcement for further information.
- Papers must be typed in one-half spaced on A4-paper size;
- Papersâ€™ length is about 6,000-7,000 words;
- All submission must include a 70-130 word abstract;
- 3-5 keywords included;
- Full name(s) of the author(s) must be stated, along with his/her/their institution and complete address;
- All submission should be in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format;
- Arabic words should be transliterated according to the style of Al-Ulum;
- Bibliographical reference must be noted in footnote and bibliography according to Alâ€‘Ulum style;
- When a source is cited for the first time, full information is provided: full name(s) of author(s), title of the source in italic, place of publication, publishing company, date of publication, and the precise page that is cited. For the following citations of the same source, list the authorâ€™s last name, two or three words of the title, and the specific page number(s). The word ibid. may be used, but cit., and loc.cit. are not.
- Reference in Chicago manual of style 16thedition (full note)
- For further detail, please sea the Al-Ulum doc
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Publication: 1500000.00 (IDR).
If the Author(s) paper is accepted for publication, she/he/they will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publications costs. Nonetheless, if the author(s) does not have funds to pay such fees, she/he/they will have an opportunity to waive each fee. Al-Ulum generously does not want these fees to prevent the publication of worthy works.